Why do I love you?
You ask me why do I care?
You said you don’t understand
Why when the world is spiraling out of our control
I would still trust in you
How do I explain love?
How do I make you understand?
That love has no reason
And feeling has no sense
I could give you a million reasons why I love you
I could tell you a million times that I do
I could tell you I love you because of how your smile warm me in a room full of strangers when we first met
I could tell you that I love you because of how you always find me in a crowd immediately, when I was lost in a sea of people
I could tell you that I love you because of how your eyes rest so softly and intently on me whenever you thought I wasn’t looking
But it wouldn’t make any difference,
because it wouldn’t change the only reason that matters to me
I love you just because you are you.
4 - 'MNFH'
Iris Rain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why do I love you? by Iris Rain )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady