Why do we fight?
War why is it?
War could Ii be stopped?
Can we stop our mothers or fathers dieing
Our husbands and wives coming back in body bags?
We walk our the place like we earned it?
What have we done this year to earn our lives?
Have we helped someone today?
Out men and women fight give us
The carefree lives we have today
They fight so we don’t have to
But still people are being murdered
Is the war really in other places?
Or is it in our anger?
Do people not murder?
For dumb reasons
Innocent people loose their lives
Because what we’re doing
Is that right?
Lets stop the fighting.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why do we fight? by Lesley Bass )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal
- Inner Wastelands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz
- Moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki