Why do we fight?
War why is it?
War could Ii be stopped?
Can we stop our mothers or fathers dieing
Our husbands and wives coming back in body bags?
We walk our the place like we earned it?
What have we done this year to earn our lives?
Have we helped someone today?
Out men and women fight give us
The carefree lives we have today
They fight so we don’t have to
But still people are being murdered
Is the war really in other places?
Or is it in our anger?
Do people not murder?
For dumb reasons
Innocent people loose their lives
Because what we’re doing
Is that right?
Lets stop the fighting.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why do we fight? by Lesley Bass )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Boy on a swift fence, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- I preach peace, hasmukh amathalal
- हम क्यों ज्यादा आग्रही और हठी है ham kyo, hasmukh amathalal
- Here is to an Endless Musing, James Darwin Smith II
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- Clover, Naveed Khalid
- Me, Tony Adah
- The darkness of depression, Katharine Wonham
- Believe In Love, Naveed Akram
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane