Why Should I Respect Those
Why should I respect those who do not respect me
Who look down upon me for my poverty
You should only respect those who show respect for you
At least to my own self I'll always be true.
Why should I respect those who bomb, maim and kill
Who by the power of force on smaller Nations impose their will
If you are strong be merciful to them does not apply
Those not with us are against us that is their war cry.
Why should I respect those who for their own greed
Abuse Mother Nature who supplies our every need
What we do to Nature to our own selves we do
The karma we'll receive is the karma we are due.
Why should I respect those who trample the weak
And muzzle those who for themselves who cannot speak
I only respect those who treat others fair
And who love Nature's creatures and for Nature care.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Should I Respect Those by Francis Duggan )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver