Why Should I Respect Those
Why should I respect those who do not respect me
Who look down upon me for my poverty
You should only respect those who show respect for you
At least to my own self I'll always be true.
Why should I respect those who bomb, maim and kill
Who by the power of force on smaller Nations impose their will
If you are strong be merciful to them does not apply
Those not with us are against us that is their war cry.
Why should I respect those who for their own greed
Abuse Mother Nature who supplies our every need
What we do to Nature to our own selves we do
The karma we'll receive is the karma we are due.
Why should I respect those who trample the weak
And muzzle those who for themselves who cannot speak
I only respect those who treat others fair
And who love Nature's creatures and for Nature care.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Should I Respect Those by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Lullaby, Richard D. Remler
- The final sentence, s yadu krishnan
- Rhythm's Of Propensity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PREDATORS 10 WORDS, Beryl Dov
- The two laughs of a toddler, Kaki Venugopala Rao
- *IX*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Making A Nation, Tony Adah
- Two Moons, Akhtar Jawad
- If James T. Kirk wrote a poem, Gouda Moon
- Who wants that Catch-22?, Mark Heathcote