Wind Is Song
Wind is song
Of whom and of what?
Of the sword's longing
To be the word.
People cherish the day of death
Like a favorite daisy.
Believe that the strings of the great
Are strummed by the East these days.
Perhaps we'll be given new pride
By the wizard of those shining mountains,
And I, of many souls captain,
Will wear a white snowcap of reason.
Velimir Khlebnikov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wind Is Song by Velimir Khlebnikov )
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mind of a man, kedar thapa
- রাজা ভাবতে বসেছে, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- The Ripples Of Hope, Ruma Chaudhuri
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)