Winning and Losing
There are many who, like me or you
Seek gain without a loss
We work and work, by hook or crook
To win and be the boss.
To win alone, we've all been shown,
Is only an illusion.
The balance holds, that truth unfolds.
This law you can rely on.
Advance. Retreat. By love, complete.
We seek illumination.
Our loss offset by love's duet
The 'Law of Compensation'.
By Him alone, the Work gets done
For all, both less and greater.
He comes to Earth in human form
To be Here Now in Matter.
The World you see’s 'dualities'-
Defines our point of view.
To seek to win, ' not lose again,
Is just my need to beat you.
When love's the way I live my life
I give my self to others
To be a light to show the Way
To live as sister or brother.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winning and Losing by Edward Hester )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra