What is this feeling within my heart;
Concealed by daylight hours, in a shroud of taut restraint.
Winter evenings consume, yesterdays pursue me,
Smiling, speaking, acting – I can cope, I can cope….
An injured heart bares healing in the nearness of love,
Yet love becomes frigid when winter sweeps in, I am alone.
The world is cold, my heart laments in fearful silence
Winter, winter, where are your friends? ,
Betrayed by the sheath of night, rejoicing in decay
In scornful silence, reflecting on unfulfilled dreams,
Dreading the night, enduring the day. Winter.
Hopes and Dreams, rest upon a cradle of love,
Unconditional, fruitful, forbearing, eternal,
Winter steals, freezes, and denies.
To be alone in this season, is to be alone,
No voices, no echoes, no gentle memories shared.
A solitary tree yielding to an unfeeling winter,
Surrendering its leaves to winters steel sky.
Fleeting Sunshine, stolen, lacking of kindness, or warmth
Sheets of invasive rain, such unforgiving indifference
Winter is reconciliation without forgiveness
Yet, it is the door to Spring, and the resurrection of hope.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter Nights…… by Adrian Wait )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Free in doing, gajanan mishra
- The manners to follow while elders get u.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Zerschlagene Heart:, Sherry Painter
- Haiku- Oh flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Addiction, Jared Hirsch
- Exceptional, gajanan mishra
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones