What is this feeling within my heart;
Concealed by daylight hours, in a shroud of taut restraint.
Winter evenings consume, yesterdays pursue me,
Smiling, speaking, acting – I can cope, I can cope….
An injured heart bares healing in the nearness of love,
Yet love becomes frigid when winter sweeps in, I am alone.
The world is cold, my heart laments in fearful silence
Winter, winter, where are your friends? ,
Betrayed by the sheath of night, rejoicing in decay
In scornful silence, reflecting on unfulfilled dreams,
Dreading the night, enduring the day. Winter.
Hopes and Dreams, rest upon a cradle of love,
Unconditional, fruitful, forbearing, eternal,
Winter steals, freezes, and denies.
To be alone in this season, is to be alone,
No voices, no echoes, no gentle memories shared.
A solitary tree yielding to an unfeeling winter,
Surrendering its leaves to winters steel sky.
Fleeting Sunshine, stolen, lacking of kindness, or warmth
Sheets of invasive rain, such unforgiving indifference
Winter is reconciliation without forgiveness
Yet, it is the door to Spring, and the resurrection of hope.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter Nights…… by Adrian Wait )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night and heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rattling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Half moon, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hand That moves round, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Round and round The nymph Danced, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- The Taxi Ride, Nick krakana
- Wild night birds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Love Children Not Glory, Emmanuel George Cefai