I slept inside the wishing well,
so I could try to break this spell.
The cold is freezing, never swell.
I’m sick of living inside my shell.
I’m in the ceiling with painted angels.
You can see me from many angles.
My love is hurt, torn and mangled.
It feels like I’ve been lost, then strangled.
I need some more natural light,
so I can recharge and put up my fight.
It’s been such a beautiful night.
I’ll keep trying through all of my strife.
Mike Dolch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wishing Well by Mike Dolch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Time lapse ("Grey Gardens"), John Taggart
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston
- Slow Song for Mark Rothko, John Taggart
- Refrains for Robert Quine, John Taggart
- Precious Lord, John Taggart
- Needs, Nalini Chaturvedi
- One(1) Classroom, herbert guitang
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal