Lawrence S. Pertillar
With A Simplifying Of My Desires
I remember the very first time I wanted something,
And it had to be delivered to me overnight.
And then I discovered the difference between wanting,
And needs as well as...
Sacrifice, initiative, devotion and tears.
Disappointment, heartbreak, disbelief, shock and dismissal.
Patience, healing and getting up off my knees.
Needless to say I am more determined today,
To separate my needs from my wants.
With a qualifying done to know what it takes,
To produce with a priority an agenda with a taste...
Of that which I now have learned to do.
With a simplifying of my desires,
Not placed within limitation of hours to realize.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With A Simplifying Of My Desires by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones