With A Sunset
Leaning against the door frame
watching the coral sunset.
I’ve always worshiped the moon.
Jan rarely missed a sunset.
My tears have dried now.
This is the first year
the anniversary of her death
passed without painful recognition.
I thought the heartache
of losing her would never cease.
Now I toast the sunset
with my evening coffee
in remembrance of the little sister
who couldn’t bear to live.
Joyce Chelmo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With A Sunset by Joyce Chelmo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bastard, Donald Charon
- A Final Attempt, Lilly Emery
- yu hii na sham ho jaye,, Aftab Alam
- Silent Legend, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Saw 2, Vishal Sharma
- Unlived Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fluttering, Naveed Akram
- Moments Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A garden of virginity, Vishal Sharma
- Petals In A Poem's Fold, Musfiq us shaleheen