Lawrence S. Pertillar
Without Question Or Doubt
I can not 'stand' him.
Or her either.
And look at them over there,
Strutting as if they created the air.
People like that get on my nerves.
Walking around here,
Like they've been picked to flaunt feathers...
As if pheasants or peacock birds.
And I bet between them,
They have not a dollar to donate.
Or can collect ten cents to spend.
All of them are arrogant.
And watching them makes me sick,
To the bitter end.
There is one thing you have made certain.
Without question or doubt.'
And what is that?
'It is easy around here,
To spot those who feel good about themselves.
Isn't it? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Without Question Or Doubt by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Prayers To Lord Murugan, A. K. Ramanujan
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR