Andrew David Dalby
I drink her in and then I spit to spout her out... entirely.
I thrust long, deep, with a sigh of plumped rich precision;
But I pace my bleeding aching urges to a gentle glow.
Oh... to sup this real bitter blistered free communion,
And to touch with revelry, her sweat ridden body slow.
For she beckons me from the pitch of this twilight night,
I know she's waiting... yet I dare not dare I, choose to go.
Because. I know the cost of loss and total empty dislocation;
I feel it shudder through my soul to the point of screaming no!
And I hear insane rhyming chords echo the lunacy now within.
So I try not to let them guide my new found hidden instincts.
And as the sublime moonlight drive within me starts to flow;
I reach out with claw-ridden hands, its talons beyond myself…
I twist I turn I turn I tryst I twist I turn I tryst and turn;
To finally throw myself upon this, my new found purpose;
And then lay to rest the beast that lies within... completely.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wolfsbane by Andrew David Dalby )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land A Wedding, Heather Burns
- Somewhere In Fatasy Land Bracken Elfshi.., Heather Burns
- Happy New Year!, Tushar Ray
- This Is Hell, Paula Glynn
- Nap Time, Michael P. McParland