Andrew David Dalby
I drink her in and then I spit to spout her out... entirely.
I thrust long, deep, with a sigh of plumped rich precision;
But I pace my bleeding aching urges to a gentle glow.
Oh... to sup this real bitter blistered free communion,
And to touch with revelry, her sweat ridden body slow.
For she beckons me from the pitch of this twilight night,
I know she's waiting... yet I dare not dare I, choose to go.
Because. I know the cost of loss and total empty dislocation;
I feel it shudder through my soul to the point of screaming no!
And I hear insane rhyming chords echo the lunacy now within.
So I try not to let them guide my new found hidden instincts.
And as the sublime moonlight drive within me starts to flow;
I reach out with claw-ridden hands, its talons beyond myself…
I twist I turn I turn I tryst I twist I turn I tryst and turn;
To finally throw myself upon this, my new found purpose;
And then lay to rest the beast that lies within... completely.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wolfsbane by Andrew David Dalby )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Thank You Lord, Kathryn Tyler King
- I Wanted You To Know, Spiritwind Wood
- Light Of Heaven, Spiritwind Wood
- Through Echoes Of The Wind, Spiritwind Wood
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- It's all in your head, Yisel Chong