Andrew David Dalby
I drink her in and then I spit to spout her out... entirely.
I thrust long, deep, with a sigh of plumped rich precision;
But I pace my bleeding aching urges to a gentle glow.
Oh... to sup this real bitter blistered free communion,
And to touch with revelry, her sweat ridden body slow.
For she beckons me from the pitch of this twilight night,
I know she's waiting... yet I dare not dare I, choose to go.
Because. I know the cost of loss and total empty dislocation;
I feel it shudder through my soul to the point of screaming no!
And I hear insane rhyming chords echo the lunacy now within.
So I try not to let them guide my new found hidden instincts.
And as the sublime moonlight drive within me starts to flow;
I reach out with claw-ridden hands, its talons beyond myself…
I twist I turn I turn I tryst I twist I turn I tryst and turn;
To finally throw myself upon this, my new found purpose;
And then lay to rest the beast that lies within... completely.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wolfsbane by Andrew David Dalby )
- May I help you?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Psalm CV, John Vicars
- Here and there هون و هنيك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- tear water, gordon nosworthy
- People's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Every letter has its own address المكتوب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Forlorn, Katinka Havermans
- From Creation To Extravagance, Naveed Akram
- Everlasting, Michael McParland
- Lonely Only, Sunny Chopra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)