Varghese J Kuttikat
Why is it, O Lord
You fill some heads with intelligence amazing
while you leave some heads utterly blank?
I don't crave an answer, I simply wonder!
Thou art beauty, perfection, inconceivable
Why do you allow the devil to gnash his ugly teeth?
Again, I don't crave an answer, I simply wonder!
O, Lord! I would love to believe:
Thou won't exact more than what has been endowed
You won't expect a pauper to support a millionaire
Sinners utterly unrepentant strut about the streets
While staunch saints apologetically retire into vacant lots
Pardon me O, Lord! these wonderings spring from vanity,
'Vanity of vanities, all is vanity'
Varghese J Kuttikat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wonderings by Varghese J Kuttikat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak