Native Americans were not
Called very good names in the past.
'Redskin' was just one of a lot
Of not so nice names that got cast
By those who came and saw and took,
To civilize a savage land,
Those fiends with skin of reddish look.
Into the future went the brand.
A football franchise sold the lie
That 'Redskins' was a go team name -
Nonsense, all that thin skinned outcry.
After all, it is just a game.
Word battle - American sport,
Played in overtime in a Court.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Word Skinning by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland