Working with concentration gains appreciation!
A peasant misplaced his wrist watch one day
While he was doing some work in his shed bay!
The watch was presented by his wife as a gift
He searched everywhere inside with his eye sight!
Since he could not find it, he became upset
He called the young boys playing in the field!
Asked them to search, promised suitable reward
Many children went inside the shed and searched!
Searched the entire premises and returned
saying their inability they could not find!
But, one shrewd young boy requested one more chance
Went inside and came in a short while with the watch!
The peasant, with surprise, asked him, “How did you find it? ”
He respectfully responded what he did wisely to find it!
He replied, “Simple! I sat and observed quietly and keenly,
I heard the ‘tick tack’ sound and found the watch immediately!
If any work is done in quiet mood with concentration,
You can perform it successfully and gain appreciation!
If you practice meditation in the early morning,
You can find out the brain shrewdly functioning!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Working with concentration gains appreciation! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Raymond J Wright
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- The New Me, Joshua Hillard
- My Dreams, Joshua Hillard
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv
- A Tale of Two Handicapped Handyman, Tushar Ray
- Whispers Of Canal-Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- She Walks In Beauty, Luo Zhihai
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee
- Fitina Mai Sand'a, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR