World Cup of Despair
This poem was written based on the FIFA world cup information till 28.06.2010
Oh what a world cup!
France got shameful exit,
Italy was out surprisingly,
Their players were really misfit.
Spain lost one game in the first round
England's WC hunt ended to Germany,
Now it's the battle of Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo and Klose
As claimers for Golden boot are not too many.
Let ball players play their game
Referees must identify cases of fowl,
We want to see dribbling skills of strikers
And their unforgettable world cup goals.
Biswajit Ganguly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (World Cup of Despair by Biswajit Ganguly )
- I sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku ' Dray ', miken newman
- I shall never be, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Tiger, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)