Dr John Celes
World TB Day 2013 Celebrations at IRT PMC&H, Perundurai
The germ that ancient mummies had,
And caused the deaths of many men,
is growing resistant with time
To drugs that killed it earlier, fast!
'Tis lurking still in various ways,
And causing mortality still,
Which can be prevented if we
Detect and treat all cases well.
This ain't the time to relax then,
For multi-drug resistant strains
Could rise to epidemic size,
And threaten poorer countries' folks.
The war against the TB germ
Must continue with increased verve,
Until the bacillus is gone
From face of earth, and all mankind!
To zero deaths from TB then
Means detecting all cases fast,
And treating them in proper ways,
Without one turning ev'r default!
World TB Day this year heralds
Concerted efforts to wipe out
The growing Tuberculous menace,
And save the mortal human race.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By the Dean and Physician Poet, Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar MD.,
Copyright by Dr John Celes 24-03-2013
Comments about this poem (World TB Day 2013 Celebrations at IRT PMC&H, Perundurai by Dr John Celes )
- Dead Eye Notes, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- Its 3: 00 A.M, Ajay Vyas
- No Love Lost For My Questioning Love, Sfisesihle Nxumalo
- PH: Poetry: God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- earthenware are you?, Mandolyn ...
- light bulbs flicker for a reason, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)