Worth the Pain
We were best friends from the start
It's been ten or eleven years.
Who would of ever thought
I'd cry so many tears?
The laughter through High School
Always kept me going.
The love between the two of us
Never stopped growing.
And we went our separate ways.
Two years later, we met again...
Oh my, what a day!
I fell for him so hard
That I couldn't find myself.
Lost in so many emotions
I didn't know what I felt.
It was great for a while
Then I started to back away.
I took him for granted
Our relationship began to decay.
After trials of tears and fighting
He decided it would be best,
If we went our separate ways
And put our love to the test.
We tried again to work things out
But it simply didn't work.
And now my pain and selfishness
Continues to stay and lurk.
What if I'd been more open
And cared a little more?
Would he still love me enough
To not walk out the door?
My regret is that I let
Our friendship slip away.
But if I had the chance again,
I'd let him love me anyway.
For if in time we're friends again,
The pain will slowly go.
And the road we took to get us there,
We will surely know...
That it was worth to be loved
And needed at the time,
Because some people go through life
And love they never find.
Trish Spencer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worth the Pain by Trish Spencer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam
- Those Who had Been Bloody, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Boots, Nassy Fesharaki
- How does she smile, Nero CaroZiv
- We Will Find A Way, Okoemu Barnabas
- The Beloved of The Ph.D. Guide, Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are Not Even Modern And Instead of B.., Bijay Kant Dubey