I can’t write today,
Or the day before.
I've been stuck in the city,
When I've wanted to go to the country.
I've been sitting in a car,
Instead of flying in a plane.
I've not been able to write,
I've been blocked.
The words have ran from my head.
Ran to a place I've never been,
Ran to a place I can’t reach,
Ran from my grip,
They have left for what seems an eternity.
I need my letters back.
I need my numbers back.
I need my freedom of writing back.
Christian Guild's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writer's Block by Christian Guild )
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
- Submit, Teach, Love, Trust & Forgive., Tom Zart
- Broaden Your Mind, Ronell Warren Alman
- Exaggerating an invisible enemy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)