I can’t write today,
Or the day before.
I've been stuck in the city,
When I've wanted to go to the country.
I've been sitting in a car,
Instead of flying in a plane.
I've not been able to write,
I've been blocked.
The words have ran from my head.
Ran to a place I've never been,
Ran to a place I can’t reach,
Ran from my grip,
They have left for what seems an eternity.
I need my letters back.
I need my numbers back.
I need my freedom of writing back.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writer's Block by Christian Guild )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I See The Ground, Naveed Akram
- Tears And Smiles..., Khairul Ahsan
- Prefix: Finding The Measure, Robert Kelly
- EbOnY fL0wEr$ - Scene From Ivory Towers, sEaN nOrTh
- hEY....u sPeLLed - No Sign Of Blunt Force, sEaN nOrTh
- Why Did You Say That, Jeri Martindale
- They are men too, Sayeed Abubakar
- A Little Christmas, Jack Spurlock
- A pet poem., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Portal, David Harris