Writing Poetry in a Walmart Parking Lot
The issue does not seem to be dinner,
perhaps my daughter will know
where we should go to eat.
Mom is at a board meeting
trying to keep our little church
from self destruction.
holds the truth
of the power of stuff.
Words will never touch it
even the Gospels
calling us to Christ
are almost mute
before its power
besides the cross,
that this planet holds.
Bill Grace's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writing Poetry in a Walmart Parking Lot by Bill Grace )
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah