Written After Seeing And Hearing Bellbirds At Cardinia Park
I hear those notes like ting ating ating
All along the gum tree vale their music ring
From tree to tree and flitting to and fro
And ting ating ating where'er they go.
Yester year a poet walked down through gum tree dell
And heard quaint sound like tinkling fairy bell
Looked up saw small green bird with wings green brown
And christened him bellbird and wrote it down.
Come tomorrow I'll be many miles away
But I'll remember what I've heard and seen today
The sun shine on Cardinia's sun baked ground
And ting ating on gum trees all around.
Yes tomorrow I will be back in the town
Where men compete for riches and renown
And I'll remember through my wearsome toil
The tin ating and World with me will smile.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Written After Seeing And Hearing Bellbirds At Cardinia Park by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby For The Doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey