Years And Tears
The color of your eyes is love,
your smile, a welcome breeze.
Your hurt will stop me in my tracks
to put your heart at ease.
Your tears will summon up my own
together, they fall down.
Our covenant stands unbroken
for our love is hallowed ground.
Security you give me
while humming some forgotten song.
Request from you must all come through
before the day is gone.
My trust is placed before your feet
and there you pitch your tent.
Through all the years and all the tears
our days has well been spent.
Bill Cantrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Years And Tears by Bill Cantrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis
- Together, Kindred velarde
- As Stories Go, Lee Gelis
- Truth Prevails, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- By all means stay, Kindred velarde
- The Only Thing Received, Kindred velarde
- Says he was in Falluja, Gouda Moon
- Labyrinth of Ghost, Aftab Alam
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud