Blood is the color of my rose,
Red rivers of it flow for you.
Red are the lips which speak to you,
for love is surely crimson too.
Red is the heart which beats for you
pulsating for you.
I cut my hand,
bite my lip
have your children,
post my burgundy earrings,
apply red nail polish
and toe paints,
on our glowing nights.
You’re dark mystery
swelling inside my boundaries,
that need in me;
You excite me.
I smell you now.
I can feel you walking to me.
I see you in my corner eye.
We are two:
in the Hammock
in the deep deep sun
both in the womb.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yellow Hammock by Lonnie Hicks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Big Brother, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Old-Fashioned Cooks, Edgar Albert Guest
- At The Summer Cottage, Edgar Albert Guest
- The After-Dinner Smoke, Edgar Albert Guest
- The New Year's Caller, Edgar Albert Guest
- It's not Fun, Aftab Alam
- The Card Club's First Meeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- When Pa Gets Back, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Peevish Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Laughing is an exercise not intelligence, Pranab K. Chakraborty