Yesterday I Cried
Yesterday I was,
Today I am.
Tears from yesterday are the reason that today I smile.
I smile today because of the tears split yesterday.
Today I am healed,
Today I smile,
Today I love and today I am loved.
Today I am happy because yesterday I cried.
Today I embrace my yesterday because I cried enough that my wounds are healed.
I found peace with my stitched heart.
I found love within my lifeless being.
I found hope that killed my hopelessness.
It happened yes, today because yesterday I cried.
ziyanda mbasa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yesterday I Cried by ziyanda mbasa )
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
- Treachery is a Treacherous' Red, Aftab Alam
- I'll Be There, Brandon Ezzard
- DESIRES, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Vast open, hasmukh amathalal
- He Is My Default, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)