Is It Poetry
Yesterday I Was
In court for a restraining order violation
my sister initiated.
You see, I later found out the two my
ex-wife and her has slept together for some time
in the proximity of my then young daughter.
(a note to myself don't beat anyone up)
It's deeper than you think no other man.
I must remain unbiased
and let the other's marry whom they are.
Prejudices I would suggest abound my daughter.
The Sheriff ran her off from my home.
Where they were together.
He the sheriff is now a congressman.
Meanwhile I never found my mind.
When most think it normal or you wouldn't
on t.v. watch it.
Jerry Springer or Judge Judy because you do
think it normal which is light
and never dark.
They wouldn't be on the telly if you didn't.
I don't doubt that to rant wouldn't help it.
I suspect I am to blame for her failing twice
she's only ten.
I left her mum when she was three about home values.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yesterday I Was by Is It Poetry )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Abu at-Tayyib al-Mutanabbi
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Deep in my Soul, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Orange Has A Shadow, Saiom Shriver
- I'm Screaming Inside, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Wisdom, Forgiveness & Love., Tom Zart
- Not Divisive But Divine, Saiom Shriver
- Heart-Song of Mattie Stepanek*, Tushar Ray
- Singing Rain, Saiom Shriver
- Sometimes, Aslam Marikar
- The Confession, Aslam Marikar
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi