You Are Sorry
You are going to be sorry,
With distress gone back,
When the brick walls cascade
Like feathers of the hall.
The staff are well the first time,
Drifting across a standing stone;
Their fresh scars make me touched.
You are happy with all the wall,
Two night-watchers happily ready their swords.
Then you fall from the wall
To feed the humans and lions.
The wall breathes a sigh of relief,
The relief is strange and narrow
To whet the appetite;
Cover the mouth in order to prove
All food is all luxury.
The air is swallowed the first time,
Behind an abbot who talks to walls
About godliness, and all the time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Are Sorry by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman