You broke my heart! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
You broke my heart in two
And took me like a bet,
with all you put me through
I have so many regrets.
To lose you was worth it,
although I wasn't sure,
it seemed to make me happy,
but still so insecure.
We always said Forever
we would take it to the end
never give it up
but this time my heart couldn't mend.
It cut so deep into me
I guess it hurt you too
but when you did it, then you lied
I had to say 'we're through.'
I gave you all I had
I tried to make it last
but now all we have
are memories from the past.
So look me in the eye
and tell me what you see
a girl so broke inside
who's been through misery.
And now I’m moving on
with the pain that kills inside
but I’m starting to forget
by reminding myself, how you lied!
I have somebody new
someone to treat me right,
to talk to lovingly
and to hold on to all night.
He's there for me when I need him
to give me love and support
to hold me close and wipe away
all my signs of hurt.
To kiss me softly every night
and to let me know he's there
to call me just because,
just tell me that he cares.
Now here I go again
fallen so hard, so deep
but this time it's different,
this is one I want to keep!
Nicsbabygirl... Andisen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You broke my heart! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! by Nicsbabygirl... Andisen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Michael P. McParland
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Caged, Michael P. McParland
- Meeting Nan, Lynn Anne Brown
- Pantry Of Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diagrams Of Language, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Tired(I Need You), Michael P. McParland
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Total Mystery, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland