You ever want to smile when you are sad?
You ever want to laugh when society says you should cry?
You ever have a song you wish you could sing?
You ever feel a dance in your legs you wish you could dance?
You ever have a Thought you wish you could think...out loud?
You ever hear words in your heart you wish you could speak?
You ever Have a dream you wish you could live?
You ever want to build what others want to tear down?
You ever want to love what most people hate?
You ever embrace what some say you should reject?
You ever want to be you when others want you to be someone else?
You ever want to shine when your friends want you to be dim?
You ever want to live your life the way you want to live?
If by chance you ever get free from the influences of the world and be the real
you, then and only then will you never have to be asked if you ever and you begin to proclaim, I have, I am and I do.
Smile Henry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Ever? by Smile Henry )
- Strongest of them all, Priscilla Rose
- I regret that night in Vegas, but I don'.., Mandolyn ...
- The call to shine, Adele Bercich
- MIRROR MIRROR, shannon strauss
- The Time of Nectar, Pintu Mahakul
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow