You Kissed Me When
You kissed me when, I begged the world,
When I kneeled to it to be kind.
I never mattered, it didn't matter,
For this world was not mine.
This world was everyone's brutality,
For the sake of keeping down humanity.
It brought my humanity to humility.
Whatever I was begging for,
It didn't matter at all.
For whatever puzzle I had to solve,
Didn't work out.
This world is everyone's brutality.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Kissed Me When by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I see love, gajanan mishra
- In My Head, Brianna Kimball
- Choose, Silas Egbowon
- O really I am searching, gajanan mishra
- KINDLING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Angry Soul, The Princess
- To silence, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am A Spoon, Richard Provencher
- No use of keeping books, gajanan mishra
- Electric Blue, Leah Ayliffe