You Looked For You
uncomfortable at first
it gave the silence worth
the absence of words rang in my ears
I thought it had lasted for years
In the best way
And you kept
And so did I
And you were thinking it too
But were you?
Did you look to comfort
Or to enjoy?
Did you look for yourself
or for the meaning in mine
There's no smile that joins
Just hungry eyes
Waiting for a sound
You want me to take you
But you will never take me.
The feelings and thoughts separate
As you stare
You want closeness but you distance
With your far off gaze
But it is right at me.
Not at the road as the cars pass
Or the watch as the time does too.
And, yes, directed at me
But for you.
Are the best but you don't know
What you want
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You Looked For You by Jeremy Shapiro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest