You Mean Everything To Me
Recently I told you how I feel,
You told me it was no big deal.
I can't help but think you're wrong.
This all reminds me of a sad song.
I trust you, believe me,
I just have too much insecurity.
Yesterday, I didn't talk to you.
And that's what I looked forward to.
I thought that things were awkward,
And that's why you didn't say a word.
Then I remembered what you said,
The words go over in my head.
I needed to know why you weren't on,
By nine o'clock, all hope was gone.
Eleven and a half hours I waited,
Then this poem was created.
I need you more than anything now,
Because without you, there's no wow.
You mean everything to me.
This is something you couldn't see.
kayla martinez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Mean Everything To Me by kayla martinez )
- I Turn To Ice, Over The Moon
- yellow light turns green, Is It Poetry
- Tuesday, Kyle Costa
- Sleeping Machines, Kyle Costa
- In The Forest, stephen ifill
- We, The Moon Watchers, Kyle Costa
- Beauty of The Wolf, Kaylin Garrett
- There, Barbara Dixion
- Humpty-Dumpty, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(October 2, 1879 – August 2, 1955)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)