You Mean Everything To Me
Recently I told you how I feel,
You told me it was no big deal.
I can't help but think you're wrong.
This all reminds me of a sad song.
I trust you, believe me,
I just have too much insecurity.
Yesterday, I didn't talk to you.
And that's what I looked forward to.
I thought that things were awkward,
And that's why you didn't say a word.
Then I remembered what you said,
The words go over in my head.
I needed to know why you weren't on,
By nine o'clock, all hope was gone.
Eleven and a half hours I waited,
Then this poem was created.
I need you more than anything now,
Because without you, there's no wow.
You mean everything to me.
This is something you couldn't see.
kayla martinez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Mean Everything To Me by kayla martinez )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov
- Glowing Face, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Times Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N4, Kristian Djordjanov