You Mean Everything To Me
Recently I told you how I feel,
You told me it was no big deal.
I can't help but think you're wrong.
This all reminds me of a sad song.
I trust you, believe me,
I just have too much insecurity.
Yesterday, I didn't talk to you.
And that's what I looked forward to.
I thought that things were awkward,
And that's why you didn't say a word.
Then I remembered what you said,
The words go over in my head.
I needed to know why you weren't on,
By nine o'clock, all hope was gone.
Eleven and a half hours I waited,
Then this poem was created.
I need you more than anything now,
Because without you, there's no wow.
You mean everything to me.
This is something you couldn't see.
kayla martinez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Mean Everything To Me by kayla martinez )
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)