I was wondering one day,
thinking about some things.
Do you think of me while you're away?
Are you afraid I'll forget you one day?
I certainly do
and I certainly am.
I always think of you while I'm away,
I'm thinking of you now.
I'm always afraid of losing you,
even though that may be useless fear.
I want to keep you in my life.
As a friend, most certainly,
as my best friend, possibly.
I want to hang out with you,
got to the movies, amusement parks
or simple walks in the park.
I want you as my best friend,
as someone I can trust,
someone I can talk with
and as who knows what else you'll become.
Still, I'm wondering...
Can you possibly feel the same?
I certainly hope you do.
In any case,
no matter what may,
or may not happen,
I'm glad you're here!
Rodney vali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You're Here. by Rodney vali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...