I was wondering one day,
thinking about some things.
Do you think of me while you're away?
Are you afraid I'll forget you one day?
I certainly do
and I certainly am.
I always think of you while I'm away,
I'm thinking of you now.
I'm always afraid of losing you,
even though that may be useless fear.
I want to keep you in my life.
As a friend, most certainly,
as my best friend, possibly.
I want to hang out with you,
got to the movies, amusement parks
or simple walks in the park.
I want you as my best friend,
as someone I can trust,
someone I can talk with
and as who knows what else you'll become.
Still, I'm wondering...
Can you possibly feel the same?
I certainly hope you do.
In any case,
no matter what may,
or may not happen,
I'm glad you're here!
Rodney vali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You're Here. by Rodney vali )
- General Sweeney Dies at 84, Ron Slate
- Respect the truth, men, gajanan mishra
- Respect truth, gajanan mishra
- Reunion, Ron Slate
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(November 9 - 1937)