I was wondering one day,
thinking about some things.
Do you think of me while you're away?
Are you afraid I'll forget you one day?
I certainly do
and I certainly am.
I always think of you while I'm away,
I'm thinking of you now.
I'm always afraid of losing you,
even though that may be useless fear.
I want to keep you in my life.
As a friend, most certainly,
as my best friend, possibly.
I want to hang out with you,
got to the movies, amusement parks
or simple walks in the park.
I want you as my best friend,
as someone I can trust,
someone I can talk with
and as who knows what else you'll become.
Still, I'm wondering...
Can you possibly feel the same?
I certainly hope you do.
In any case,
no matter what may,
or may not happen,
I'm glad you're here!
Rodney vali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You're Here. by Rodney vali )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham
- UNWANTED, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In my poems each word, gajanan mishra
- The silent Witness, Angell Afinowi
- Peaceful Faculty-5, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Peaceful Faculty-4, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Dear Mom! Please Come Back, Raj DEVAN
- Peaceful Faculty-3, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- When I see through your eyes..., Alok Singhal