I was wondering one day,
thinking about some things.
Do you think of me while you're away?
Are you afraid I'll forget you one day?
I certainly do
and I certainly am.
I always think of you while I'm away,
I'm thinking of you now.
I'm always afraid of losing you,
even though that may be useless fear.
I want to keep you in my life.
As a friend, most certainly,
as my best friend, possibly.
I want to hang out with you,
got to the movies, amusement parks
or simple walks in the park.
I want you as my best friend,
as someone I can trust,
someone I can talk with
and as who knows what else you'll become.
Still, I'm wondering...
Can you possibly feel the same?
I certainly hope you do.
In any case,
no matter what may,
or may not happen,
I'm glad you're here!
Rodney vali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You're Here. by Rodney vali )
- Revolution, Revolution, Revolu -, Romella Kitchens
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
- I almost was left behind., Sonia Ode Lucci
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)