xx charmer xx
You Were My Angel
I can’t get it out,
It smothers me, it keeps rushing back.
It kills me inside
To not have you here,
To not hold you
I felt so special for a very long time
But how long must I hide?
How long must I stay blurry until they can see?
How long must I wait?
Until I tell everyone how you make me feel.
Who you are,
What I’ve become.
Something so wrong becomes so right.
God it kills me inside to stay a secrete.
But how do I tell them?
How do I explain my story?
Who are you?
How have I fallen so far?
So many questions that have no answer.
All of this,
Just because of you.
Come back to me,
I can’t live without you.
All the feelings rush back just when I see you.
All of the tears I cried because of what I thought was true.
It all comes out because of you.
I take a chance and see what my answer would be.
I finally say what I wanted to say,
Got it all out and told them who I was inside.
Who I am and who you are,
And all they did was shake their head and say we don’t believe you.
Showing them explaining everything,
They turn their backs on me,
It makes me feel cold and so unwanted.
So unloved all because of you,
I’m so lost without them, without you.
It was your fault I lost so much,
Because of you I can’t find home anymore.
Love has faded out of my life and I am all alone.
You made it look like I was the bad guy
And I didn’t deserve you
But everyone has gotten the story wrong
Because it was you,
All along I was too good for you
You ripped my heart out and crushed me to bits
You are the reason I now have no family,
I now am a shadow in the dark,
Just wishing you would come back.
If you really loved me then please, relight my fire,
Because I am cold.
I need you more than ever now.
Please if you love me…be my angel and save me.
xx charmer xx's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Were My Angel by xx charmer xx )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Hard labour, hasmukh amathalal
- Peace will prevail..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Divine Vs Divination, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Richmond Explodes, John Allen Richter
- Solomon's empire, hasmukh amathalal
- Restart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Naat A warning Paposh Hayn Hum, Akhtar Jawad
- Values, Luo Zhihai
- TRUTH DEVOURING, Michael P. Johnson
- Dreams Money Can Buy, Ravinder Dhaliwal