Under the shadow of slavery,
She is living every moment with fear,
Parents are not with her,
She is just alone in a flat,
Where she works hard all the times for her bread.
Why is she compelled to live such a life?
Where she can’t receive happiness of her childhood,
Every moment she has her time like coward,
How cruel her madam is who has no heart for her but for her kids.
Her kids can play in full joy,
Why can’t she play like them?
Why does the madam treat her like a slave?
She has all the human rights
To live a free life but the cruel madam puts her in chain.
Her face appears so sad,
Her youth has been robbed by her madam,
Sitting in her deep sorrow,
No one is close to her with whom she can share her joy of life.
Half of her life has been sucked by the slavery,
The next half again will be in gloom how the present plays with her,
She is born alone on this earth as we are
What will happen to her happiness is stored in life?
Pushkar Bisht's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Young Maid-Servant by Pushkar Bisht )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ne detin e ngrire te meendimeve te mia, skender iljaz braka
- Indiferentizem ekstrem, skender iljaz braka
- Mangesi tolerance, skender iljaz braka
- Ne ditet me te erreta te jetes sime, skender iljaz braka
- Nxitoni o ju hapa te penguara, skender iljaz braka
- I kthyer ne nje statuje te mermert, skender iljaz braka
- Ndofta per te fundit here, skender iljaz braka
- Rreth zjarrit, skender iljaz braka
- Dhe pse plakemi, skender iljaz braka
- Pavdekesi, skender iljaz braka