As the marksmen take their aim.FIRE!
Those bullets couldn't ever do the damage you have caused me.
I didn't even see it coming. I was ready for any outcome.
But you, you managed to do something more devastating than a Nuke going off.
I'm hurting, I can't take it. Cut my heart out and bury it somewhere to never be found.
I'm strapped in; the doctor is ready. Turn on the power.
The electric chair would've been a nicer way to kill me.
You managed to destroy our friendship and rip out my heart in one move.
After all the things we've been through,
Like New Orleans rebounding from Hurricane Katrina.
Bury me in an unmarked grave because you've forgotten about me.
I am a shadow in the shade. To never be seen, but you know I'm there.
Hoping to be seen, praying to be recognized, pleading for a chance.
The rainbow always appears after the rain has stopped.
But it continues to rain and pour. No end in sight.
Khaleel Steir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Betrayal by Khaleel Steir )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara
- A Ball of Rugs, Hannington Mumo
- Behold, O God!, William Browne
- Breakfast, Near A Window, Susan Lacovara