Its strange how your shadow
Shelters my shadow from the heat
It surrounds me with warmth
Showers me with love whenever we meet
It never leaves my side
No matter how far we are
It gives me strength and happiness
It erases all my scares
I can close my eyes and sleep
In a blissful deep slumber
For I know you shadow watches over me
To catch me if I stumble!
What is, what was, what has been
Has left my mind in doubt
I feel my worries drift away
When you hear me out!
Sometimes I do worry
What if your shadow leaves my side?
Will I ever be able to face the world?
Without your shadow as my guide?
I know this happiness is what I am looking for
I will keep it safe in my heart
And lock all the doors
So that it can never depart!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your shadow! by fareeha ghafoor )
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck