Bijay Kant Dubey
Your smiles, I could not, could not portray,
Had I been an artist
I would have,
Had I artistic excellence in me
I could have.
Had I been a photographer,
Would have snapped the photos,
But no photographer am I,
Nor am I with the camera.
Your smiles cutting deep and deep into,
Your smiles sweet and cutting,
The lines figuring upon as impressions
May be it I shall not be able to snap again such a posture.
Your smile turning into a sweet memoir, a sweet remembrance
And I keep remembering,
Your smile a memento of mine
To reminisce about,
Your smile the smile of my life and keep I smiling.
Your smiles balsams blossoming
In the courtyard,
Your smiles rajanigandha sticks with blooms
Under the moonlit nights,
Your smiles the things of my admiration.
Your smiles turning into the smiles of mine,
I smiling, you smiling,
We all smiling,
I meeting you on the way and you smiling
And I too returning smiling about the smile of yours.
Your smiles, oh, I could turn them into my art,
The lines on the lips
And from the lips affecting the heart
And the heart feeling happy
And I going thinking about the smile of yours.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Smiles by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- We are neighbors, gajanan mishra
- Sonnet: How Cancers Kill!, Dr John Celes
- My love xi, binod bastola
- आंहा उदै बुंजासे आदार गैया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Cutting Edge, Satish Verma
- Will never love nor marry unless, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Image of God, gajanan mishra
- Countrification, bill costley
- Not Alone At All, Francie Lynch
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)