Bijay Kant Dubey
Your smiles, I could not, could not portray,
Had I been an artist
I would have,
Had I artistic excellence in me
I could have.
Had I been a photographer,
Would have snapped the photos,
But no photographer am I,
Nor am I with the camera.
Your smiles cutting deep and deep into,
Your smiles sweet and cutting,
The lines figuring upon as impressions
May be it I shall not be able to snap again such a posture.
Your smile turning into a sweet memoir, a sweet remembrance
And I keep remembering,
Your smile a memento of mine
To reminisce about,
Your smile the smile of my life and keep I smiling.
Your smiles balsams blossoming
In the courtyard,
Your smiles rajanigandha sticks with blooms
Under the moonlit nights,
Your smiles the things of my admiration.
Your smiles turning into the smiles of mine,
I smiling, you smiling,
We all smiling,
I meeting you on the way and you smiling
And I too returning smiling about the smile of yours.
Your smiles, oh, I could turn them into my art,
The lines on the lips
And from the lips affecting the heart
And the heart feeling happy
And I going thinking about the smile of yours.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Smiles by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Mum's Birthday, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
- Limerick-14, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns