Your Worry, His Peace!
Confused of how to tackle the problem looking me straight in the eye.
I stood up, making circular turns around the couch
That was lying dormant in the sitting room.
Beating my brains out;
trying to think of an idea that could turn this wit's end around.
But no! My mind had a lot going on.
I couldn't ponder! I couldn't assimilate!
Then a still voice stirred up from within,
Like a smoke coming out from an exhaust pipe.
The voice saiid, ' the shortest distance between your problem and it's solution,
Is the distance between your knees and the floor.
This sentence flooded my mind like a cascade of water.
With a cracked smile,
I learnt how to exchange my worry with the peace of God.
Idogun Esohe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your Worry, His Peace! by Idogun Esohe )
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak