Your Worry, His Peace!
Confused of how to tackle the problem looking me straight in the eye.
I stood up, making circular turns around the couch
That was lying dormant in the sitting room.
Beating my brains out;
trying to think of an idea that could turn this wit's end around.
But no! My mind had a lot going on.
I couldn't ponder! I couldn't assimilate!
Then a still voice stirred up from within,
Like a smoke coming out from an exhaust pipe.
The voice saiid, ' the shortest distance between your problem and it's solution,
Is the distance between your knees and the floor.
This sentence flooded my mind like a cascade of water.
With a cracked smile,
I learnt how to exchange my worry with the peace of God.
Idogun Esohe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your Worry, His Peace! by Idogun Esohe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Blue Neon Milk, Is It Poetry
- FOR SOUL TO SERENADE, Dr subhendu kar
- love it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- The wind and the rocks, cristobal Benjumea
- World Of Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating A Christmas Tree, Doris Beaulieu
- What not to be done while a person is ly.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- buzz off bees, lee fones
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.39, Robert Graber
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri