Zebra Zooing - Lincoln Park Zoo
Zebra is what humans call me.
Heard a lot at Lincoln Park Zoo,
The place where I am meant to be,
Cuz I have so much work to do,
To be a star covered in stripes,
Set side by side in black and white,
To symbolize that dif'rent types
Can be together joined just right.
I hope when humans visit here,
I am to nature's best a link.
I look down, but I hear them cheer,
As I refresh and take a drink.
I sense the human sights and sounds.
This Zebra at this Zoo sez, 'Zounds! '
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Zebra Zooing - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)