Rocket James (Backseat of a 1948 Hudson)
She came home today from her vacation with an attitude
Told me she was leaving me for good
Said her love had died since she’d been gone
Now it was time for her to be moving on….
Then she asked me for the car keys and fifty bucks
Twenty five years of marriage and all she wanted
was fifty bucks and the keys to the car…
She won’t get far…
2008 © Rj
Poet Other Poems
- ! A Tale Of Two Very Different Days (Bot...
- *Rod McKuen Groupies
- Asking For A Stiff Drink
- Double Entendre
- Entering the NEW Dark Ages of Poetics
- From now on all poems submitted will be ...
- Goodnight And So Long Tim Russert
- Hen Pecked
- How to Obtain a Confession with 20 gallo...
- I Give You The Right to Dislike Me as Lo...
- I May Not Be Able To Make You Do It But ...
- Simple Expressions of Gratitude
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.