Perfect Poems - Poems For Perfect
Poems about perfect. You can read the best perfect poems. Browse through all perfect poems.
The Perfect Wave - Poem by Shel Silverstein
Dave McGunn was a surfin’ bum, half–crazed by the blazin’ sun.
From Waikiki to the Bering Sea, he rode ’em one by one.
Now he hung offshore ’bout a mile or more, out where the dolphins played,
And his wild eyes gleamed as he schemed and dreamed
To ride the perfect wave.
Oh, ride the perfect wave, Dave, ride the perfect wave.
If you wait it out and you don’t sell out, you may ride
The perfect wave.
He crouched in the spray and he waited all day till the sun gave way to the moon,
And his legs grew cold and he grew old and wrinkled like a prune.
And the years rolled by and the surf broke high and the 40–foot breakers sprayed.
But he sneered at ’em all, sayin’, 'Too damn small; I’m waitin’
For the perfect wave.'
He was sleepin’ on his board when he woke to a roar as thunder shook the sea.
’Twas the dreaded California quake of 1973.
And he stared at the reef in disbelief, then paddled with tremblin’ hands
As a monstrous crashin’ tidal wave came roarin’ ’cross the land.
It was 12 miles high and it filled the sky, the color of boilin’ blood.
And cities fell beneath its swell and mountains turned to mud.
Its deadly surf engulfed the earth and left not a thing alive.
And high on the tip with a smile on his lip was Davey hangin’ five.
He hit the top of the Golden Gate at a thousand miles an hour,
Over the top of the Empire State and the tip of the Eiffel Tower.
And as he wiped out, you could hear him shout as he plunged to a watery grave,
'Hey hi dee hi, I’m glad to die –– I’ve rode
The perfect wave.'
Comments about The Perfect Wave by Shel Silverstein
Poems About Perfect
- 1. The Perfect Wave , Shel Silverstein
- 2. Inert Perfection , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 3. Perfection Wasted , John Updike
- 4. Perfect , Kenn Nesbitt
- 5. Perfect Woman , William Wordsworth
- 6. One Perfect Rose , Dorothy Parker
- 7. How to Be Perfect , Ron Padgett
- 8. Let me not mar that perfect Dream , Emily Dickinson
- 9. Perfections , Walt Whitman
- 10. The Perfect Husband , Ogden Nash
- 11. Song Of Perfect Propriety , Dorothy Parker
- 12. He Tells Of The Perfect Beauty , William Butler Yeats
- 13. The Imperfect Lover , Siegfried Sassoon
- 14. The Habit Of Perfection , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 15. Perfection , Robert William Service
- 16. We Stopped At Perfect Days , Richard Brautigan
- 17. The Perfect Marriage , Vachel Lindsay
- 18. A Supplement Of An Imperfect Copy Of Ver.. , Sir John Suckling
- 19. My Perfect Rose , Barry Tebb
- 20. A Perfect Sonnet , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 21. A Perfect Strain , Isabella Valancy Crawford
- 22. Nature In Perfection , Richard Savage
- 23. Perfect Love , Archibald Lampman
- 24. Perfect Union , Mathilde Blind
- 25. Perfection , Roderic Quinn
- 26. Perfectness , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 27. Resurrection, Imperfect , John Donne
- 28. The Perfect Playmate , Katharine Tynan
- 29. The Perfect Sacrifice , William Cowper
- 30. 'Twas Just This Time, Last Year, I Died , Emily Dickinson
- 31. Behind Me Dips Eternity , Emily Dickinson
- 32. Alter! When The Hills Do , Emily Dickinson
- 33. When We Stand On The Tops Of Things , Emily Dickinson
- 34. When Memory is full , Emily Dickinson
- 35. One Blessing Had I Than The Rest , Emily Dickinson
New Perfect Poems
- Perfection, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Perfection Hurts, Jade Darrow
- Its Entirely Upto You, Nikhil Parekh
- Make Love Every Moment; Every Day, Nikhil Parekh
- I Wanna Be Perfect (For You), Michael P. McParland
- Is You, Anthony Cavuoti
- Which Is You, Anthony Cavuoti
- Being Perfect, Aishwarya J.Menon
- Of Course It Was A Perfect Day, Ernest Lowe
- You Are Still Perfect, Yeah You!, Wake Up
- carpe diem