Ratan Bhattacharjee Poems
- Anger Anger is a hydra -headed demon A demon beating its ...
- Haiti: Under The Bricks Buried... I was lying under the ...
- I Am Lonely I am lonely Even though one cannot tell I am ...
- But I Miss You Most When You D...
- I Loved You So Much Dont know why I loved YOU but its true ...
- Haiti After The Tremors All on a sudden The earth cracked, ...
- Every Sunrise Is Varied Like ... I kissed none in my ...
Dr. Ratan Bhattacharjee is a well-known Indian-English writer who has to his credits more than 200 articles on contemporary issues of society and literature. He has done his Ph.D. in Amercan literature and specialised in the study of Theodore Dreiser and F.Scott Fitzgerald. His book 'F.Scott Fitzgerald: The Quest for Meaning and Pattern' has been acclaimed internationally. He is a regular contributor to Merinews.com.
He has 27 years of teaching experience at the UG and PG level in different phases of his career in Vidyasagar University, Rabindra Bharati University, Bangabasi Evening College, Mankachar College and Gangadharpur College.
At present Dr. Bhattacharjee is the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Anger is a hydra -headed demon
A demon beating its furious wings
a volcano belching out fiery lava
a gloomy sky cracking thunders
a CSTC bus rushing on a smoky road
in the wintry evening
Anger is emptiness or losing
A girl being robbed of her angelic infancy
a nonagenarian mother denied her home
a lost child crying for its parents in the crowded local train
a child that loses her doll
Anger is the foamy sea writhing with pain
The sea that rolls its waves to knock the barge
Or the sapless champak losing its petals
Or a hilly town ...