Richard was the only son of William Crashaw, a puritan preacher in London who had officiated at the burning of Mary, Queen of Scots. In defiance of his father's views on religion, Crashaw went to a High Church college at Cambridge, Pembroke. He later became a fellow of Peterhouse College but was forced to resign because of his Roman Catholic leanings.
Victory for Oliver Cromwell's ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- An Epitaph upon Husband and Wife Who die...
- An Epitaph upon Husband and Wife
- In the Holy Nativity of our Lord
- But Men Loved Darkness rather than Light
- Christ Crucified
- Divine Epigrams: To our Lord, upon the W...
- A Song
- Divine Epigrams: On the Miracle of the M...
- Divine Epigrams: On the Baptized Ethiopi...
- On Mr. G. Herbert's Book, Entitled the T...
- Divine Epigrams: Samson to his Delilah
- A Hymn to the Name and Honour of the Adm...
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)