Rick Elpers Poems
- While She Slept Coyotes yelping in the distance Crickets ...
- 30 Seconds To spend time Pondering the vastness Of the ...
- A False Love I once believed that love however ...
- Breaking Invisible Barriers Life devoid of touch Clamors for...
- A Difficult Conversation The trouble it seems Is that two ...
- Done What Was Not So now death succumbs To my thoughts ...
- She Comes To Me We see each other often Through the window ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
While She Slept
Coyotes yelping in the distance
Crickets chorusing in the yard
Silent is the air, stilled by
The warm summer evening
Listening to this out of the
At rest hoping to sleep
And dream of our conversation
To envelope us completely
Like smoke rising from ashes
Of the past where all that was
Burned up is useless
Leaving only the virtue of love
To whisp around circling our bodies
Drawing closer mingling flesh
With emotion seen expressing
Both realities the ethereal and
Only to be awakened by the cat
Startling me to...