Robert Longley Poems
- Finding Your Voice It used to be so easy And then something ...
- Take Me Fishing Cast a line or two for me In a lake, or ...
- One Small Step Each step on the journey Brings wonderment ...
- A Belated Thank You Many times I faltered And many times I’d...
- Victories Carry proud my banner In every game you play And ...
- Waves Of Change Everything has purpose All is pure ...
- From A Distance You know I am still with you This day and ...
I have been writing poems on a variety of life and world events for about 25 years. Most were written for people who's lives were recently changed through some challenge or death of a loved on. I take requests for free on my website - http: //www.sacredpoems.com. There are a few hundred posted on the site. I have begun combining the poems with images to try and convey more of the feeling behind... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert Longley
Finding Your Voice
It used to be so easy
And then something changed
All you took for granted
Is suddenly rearranged
It’s not the way you planned it
Not in your wildest dreams
Cruel it is this universe
Or sometimes does it seem
You’ve gained a little insight
Despite a sense of loss
It’s not unlike a ball
That at times you want to toss
There is no one way to view it
It all comes down to choice
To reach within your being
And find again your voice