Susanta Pattnayak Poems
- Caged Dreams She dreams, no more. The rise and the fall of ...
- Comfort Zone When from its nest, the babyish sun Nestles in ...
- Flowers And The Stars High above is the garden Wide and ...
- The Moon When dark drops down through the pine pins And ...
- My Universe, So Is Yours Stars, galaxies, clusters and ...
- On Sixty-Sixth Independence Da... Sixty-Five and I'm hearty and...
- A Longing! I may die unknown Buried, burnt or may be ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Susanta Pattnayak
She dreams, no more.
The rise and the fall of the waves,
the dancing of the breeze,
the symphony of the wind,
the colors of the seasons,
the twilight, moonlit nights
all cease in smoke
under the suffocating arms of
some demonic beast
who ruptures her to dust.
She dreams no more.
Dreams have gathered dust
also a thick coat of rust.
Blurry in her mind, the day,
when she was caged
her voice was squashed
her wings were clipped
and was passed from hand to hand
for mere amusement and joy.
She dreams of
her mother, her ...