Tan Pratonix Poems
- Trigonometry Trigonometry began When Sine and Cos and ...
- In Praise Of God's Good Earth Hoosh, whoosh, The wind is ...
- The Little Boy On Bodrum Beach (Lines written spontaneously ...
- A Hand Reached Out From Heaven A hand reached out from ...
- Bird-Magic Where no birds breathe, bird-magic ...
- Melanie May Every day Melanie May Walks down the shore, ...
- Thoughts Of Fishes In A Glass ... Bound by four hard glass ...
Almost all the 90 poems or so were written in my youth, when I was 17-19 years old. Thereafter the Muse died - or rather, let's say, I killed the Muse. I kept the old diary in which these poems were written and thought that these offerings from the early '70s would be enjoyed by friends in Poemhunter. I am happy that they have delighted quite a few. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
When Sine and Cos and Tan
[The latter, a perfect gentleman]
Agreed to work in a Triangle.
Now Sine was cross with Cos
Because she got into a tangle
With Cosec the Smart Alec,
Who had a special angle
For flirty Cotangent
[Also known as Cot]
[Or shall we say, computation? ]
Was certainly not
Above board, like Tangent
[Also known as Tan,
Who, I repeat, was a perfect gentleman]
Cross-fighting in the Triangle,
They drew an obtuse angle;
And slowly by degrees
Sine began to ...