Bitter But Better
The darkness creeps so soft and fast,
And terror fills our bones to last.
But light is there in all its glory,
I fight my flesh because He is worthy.
Test me now and bend me so,
Interrupt my peace till I declare you foe.
I'll walk this tasteless road with eyes transfixed
On to that Mount where our transgressions were fixed.
The phantoms jump from the dark,
And tempt me with gifts, but I will not lose my spark!
I have to burn within me, so I have heat there to give,
So a common failure such as I may live.
Anand Brown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bitter But Better by Anand Brown )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver