Flesh Is Not Flesh
I woke once to a scream of terror.
The people crowned him with a tyre and set it alight.
I heard too how they cursed him
Shouting: 'Go back home, you foreigner.'
I saw his eyes, I wish I hadnt but I did.
And what I saw in them will haunt me forever.
His eyes did not give away pain or anger
But they shone of innocence.
Venture on child of Zimbabwe to your distant home.
Here in this place flesh is not flesh.
Anand Brown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flesh Is Not Flesh by Anand Brown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka
- Catharine, Gert Strydom
- Ne zemer te netevee te tua, skender iljaz braka
- EYES ARE FOR LOOK, maqsood hasni
- READ FROM EYES, maqsood hasni
- Në rrethin e hënës., skender iljaz braka
- Love, Susmit Panda
- Mummy Rosalia Lombardo, Richard Thripp
- Where trees stand in the winter night as.., Gert Strydom
- Sometimes I yearn for you to be near, Gert Strydom