Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer Poems
- I Am A Poet Listen to the words rolling out of my mouth like ...
- You Are Life And Death To Me When on that summer night under ...
- Celestial Invocation Come, oh thou Ghost so Holy, And let ...
- Weep Nigeria Weep Fourteen years already gone, And our ...
- Scylla (The Song Of Sorrow Of ...
- Our Songs Of Distress Sorrows fill our hearts, Pains fill ...
- The Starry Dreamy Night Infinitely stretch outside the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
I Am A Poet
Listen to the words rolling out of my mouth like thunder,
Just pause a moment,
And give a thought to the thoughts,
Oozing out of my mind like fire.
Lend me your ears and I shall sing you lullulabies,
And lull you to a peaceful sleep like a newborn.
Come near me and feel,
The vibration of the lyrics,
Of my heart shattering dirges.
Yes, pass across my way
And the rhymes of my
Drumless songs will not
Make you dance but
Siphon out tears from your eyes like raindrops.
But you say I am no poet.
I ask you 'Who is a poet? '
You say ...