Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Wailing Of Pains
This must stop,
The night must be still,
The land request for water not blood,
The rain must be drinkable,
Not sour with uncooked carcasses,
The mournings must be aborted.
National flags, up they want to be,
When I take my pen to write,
Lyrics must flow not dirges.
When I raise my eyes to heavens,
I must give praises not ask questions.
Let my tears flow for joy not sorrows,
This music of tragedy must loose notes.
School chidren in Connecticut,
Emminent personalities in Nigeria,
Down like that like banana stem.
And both could have been avoided,
If only assault rifles were banned in US,
If only roads in Nigeria are travellable.
But they were not,
And they are not.
And now, we wallow amidst wailing of pains.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wailing Of Pains by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby for the doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- SUMMER FUN, MORGAN AXIOTIS
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey